Top 10 Best “Web Hosting” Companies in India (Updated In January 2021)
As a digital marketing & web designing company, XplorMedia has worked with a lot of companies whose hosting providers create a deadly scene, even do not give them better support and security. Ultimately, it created hurdles to run a website smoothly that is why here we are providing hosting reviews using our years of experience.
With more than 1500+ people & some of our experts using the Pingdom tool, we tested over 70 web hosting providers with different servers using their basic plans.
Over the years of experiments and experiences, we have gained a pretty good idea of what makes web hosting services worth a penny. We have also tried to maximize torture on servers.
Thus, we end up with the list of the best web hosting in India that you can surely rely on.
Best Hosting In India 2021
- Hostinger – Best Web Hosting Provider All-Around India
- Bluehost – Best For Customer Service
- HostGator – Best For Storage Space
- A2 Hosting – Best Overall Web Hosting
- Siteground – Highly Recommended With Good Budget
- HostPapa – Reliable, Best & Low Cost Hosting Company
- iPage – Cheap Web Hosting India
- InMotion – Best Host for Tech-Heavy Websites
- GreenGeeks – Eco Web Host
- Godaddy – For Small Businesses
“Best Web Hosting India” – January 2021’s Top 10 Best Web Hosting Providers in India (Ranked!)
Cheapest Web Hosting India | Web Hosting Company Reviews | Best Domain Hosting Companies | Best Website Hosting India | Web Hosting Companies In India | Best Indian Web Hosting | Web Hosting Compare | Best Hosting In India
2021’s Top 10 Web Hosting Companies In India
#1. Hostinger: Best Hosting In India (₹59/mo.)
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage
- Free domain name
- Backups for free
- Reliable uptime and fast server
- Free Bitninja security & SSL certificate
- Single-click WordPress installer
- No Call Support
About Hostinger: Hostinger is one of the best picks among the top 10 hosting companies in India. Around 15,000 new users are estimated to be signing up for Hostinger every day and more than 29 million active customers give a brief idea of Hostinger’s hosting service quality. It consists of premium features to increase the reliability and speed of your website.
Pricing: Considering the Shared hosting service, for instance, Hostinger is one of the best web hosting in India based users can expect to depend on. Moreover, the lowest shared hosting package comes for ₹59/month, accommodating a single website, an email account, a free SSL certificate, 100 GB bandwidth, and more.
Uptime: Keeping your website online throughout the day, Hostinger ensures most of the Uptime. A good looking 99.50% is recorded for an average run. Above all, despite occasional downtime for updates and maintenance, Hostinger India makes sure that you don’t lose business.
Features: It’s great to see that even the lowest package of Hostinger is packed with just enough features to start a website smoothly. It comes with 1 free domain registration, email account, 100 GB of limited bandwidth, 1x allocated resources, and a free SSL certificate to secure your website from unwanted threats like hacking and online fishing.
Visit Website: https://www.hostinger.com/
#2. BlueHost: Best Host India (₹199/mo.)
- Best Uptime (99.99%)
- Fast, 405 Ms Load Time As Average
- Good & Quick Customer Support
- Recommended By WordPress.Org
- 1-Click Installs For Website Builders
- Affordable Hosting
- Unlimited Disk Storage & Bandwidth
- Free Domain Name
- No Hidden Charges
- 30-Days Money Back Guarantee
- Website Transfers Are Not Free
- Regular backups are not guaranteed
About BlueHost: We have been monitoring BlueHost web hosting performance for quite a time now. The high level of trust the company has built for a long time makes it among the top 10 hosting providers in India. It’s an ideal option if you’re on a budget. Plus, when you decide to scale up, you can spend more on the features you wish to add. It turns out BlueHost is one of the best hosting companies.
Pricing: Keeping this straight, BlueHost shared hosting is available in three different plans at pretty low costs. The most basic plan costs $2.75/month, Plus plan costs $5.45/month, and the Choice Plus will costs you $5.45/month. The Choice Plus plan costs the same the Plus for the first year but the renewal price will cost you more than the other as it is packed with better features.
Uptime: When it comes to keeping your website online, BlueHost does it well with 99.99% uptime throughout the year. Consistent uptime is the most important thing your web host must maintain. After all, keeping your website online is what you are hosting the site in the first place.
Features: Despite being one of the nicest web hosting company in India, BlueHost is giving you some crucial features with their introductory plans. With the basic shared hosting, you will get unmetered bandwidth, 50 GB of SSD storage space, free SSL certification, email accounts, free domain registration for the first year, and more.
Visit Website: https://www.bluehost.com/hosting/shared
#3. Hostgator: Fast & Secure Host (₹99/mo)
- 100% Uptime
- Reliable Technical Support
- Free Migration, SSL, Backup
- 45 Days Money-Back Guarantee
- Free Domain Name
- Free Cpanel & Website Migration
- User-Friendly Functionalities
- Unmetered Space And Bandwidth
- High Renewal Rate
- No-Free SSL on Basic Plan
About Hostgator: Hostgator is one of the oldest web host India based clients may rely on. They are widely appreciated for their Cloud-based hosting environment while keeping the costing affordable for everyone. Adding to that, reliability, speed, and excellent support also makes the hosting giant stand out of the crowd.
Pricing: Starting at just ₹99/month for a shared hosting plan, newly developed sites may go for a bigger package according to their website’s needs. The introductory price may look cheap and covers all the necessary features to start a complete website, but for extra stuff like Gmail access, data backups, Sitelock monitoring, SEO tools, and others the prices may don’t look good enough. You are advised to look out for these aspects while checking out.
Uptime: First, Hostgator has been consistently maintaining 99.98% uptime for months. The best part is the fact that Hostgator’s uptime guarantee comes with free one-month credit to your hosting account if they fail to maintain a minimum of 99.90% uptime.
With that being said, all the pre-planned maintenance and unpredictable hacking attacks are not included in the terms. Most importantly, any sort of other issues can be counted into the said guarantee and customers may claim for their credit within 30 days through a support ticket.
Features: Guaranteed 99.9% uptime, 24×7 technical support, and 45-day money-back guarantee would be our first priority if we are going for Hostgator web host review. For instance, with the basic shared hosting plan, Hostgator gives you a single free domain, limited 10 GB of disk space, 100 GB of data transfer, free 5 email accounts, free SSL certificate, and unlimited database.
Visit Website: https://www.hostgator.com/
#4. A2 Hosting: Fastest Server (₹228/mo.)
- 24/7/365 Customer Support
- Free Site Migrations
- Compatible CMS
- Green Web Hosting
- Free SSDs Included
- Best For Europe, USA & Asia
- 20x Faster Servers
- Free SSL & Offline Backups
- Smallest Plan Quite Limited
- Paid On-Demand Backups
About A2 Hosting: A2 web hosting is in the game since 2001 and has been one of the fasted web hosting India ever since. Begun is just a two-room office and hosting a couple of minor websites to managing some prominent websites around the globe. With a variety of payment methods and an easy signup process, A2 hosting offers a user-friendly interface.
A2 Host Pricing: If you are looking for the awesome hosting provider in India, A2 hosting may not be much of an attraction; but the price isn’t everything right? Their introductory price for shared hosting sticks at ₹299.42/month right now. However, if we compare their available features with this plan to other competitive hosting services, A2 hosting faces a drawback.
A2 Hosting Features: A2 hosting gives you freedom from a limited period money-back guarantee as you can claim for it anytime. Then come unlimited bandwidth and storage, and free SSL certification for your site safety. The cheapest web hosting India comes with 1 free domain registration, 25 email accounts, free site migration for the existing domain, and an easy cPanel integration.
Visit Website: https://www.a2hosting.com/
#6. SiteGround: Good For WordPress ($6.99/mo.)
- BEST WITH HIGH BUDGET
- Good Uptime (99.99%)
- Extremely Fast Servers
- Stable Page Load Time (673ms)
- Top Notch Customer Support
- Free Daily Backups
- Unmetered Traffic
- Free SSL, Email
- CloudFlare’s CDN (90 Countries)
- No-Free Domain on Basic Plan
- Higher Renewal Rates
About SiteGround: SiteGround is mostly known as one of the best web-hosts India for its reliable shared hosting environment. Since it’s emerged in 2004, The company has been grown to become of the giants in the hosting field. Currently, they are providing WordPress hosting, cloud hosting, as well as dedicated hosting services. They have hosted over 2,000,000 domains so far within a very short period time.
SiteGround Pricing: If you choose SiteGround to host your website, you can start at $3.95/month. Well, this is quite a high price rate to start and sounds a little too good to be true. The other shared hosting packages also quite great to look at while registering for the first time.
Though their renewal cost goes up. This price trick is used by almost every best hosting in India out there. One more drawback about SiteGround pricing, if you go for only a single month registration, you will have to pay a one-time setup fee of $14.95 which we think is a robbery.
Uptime: When it comes to server uptime, SiteGround wins our heart with a perfect .99% average run. They have been set to this uptime peak for a reason. According to their uptime guarantee, they fall below the 99.9% uptime, they are bound to give you a month free hosting service. With that being said any emergency maintenance or scheduled issue is exempted from the term and condition.
SiteGround Features: SiteGround has a lot to offer in terms of features. With their most basic shared hosting plan, you will get just enough of it to accommodate one website for a kickoff. You get 10 GB storage, unmetered bandwidth, free WordPress installation, and auto-updates of new WordPress versions, free SL certificate, free CDN, free email account, unlimited database, daily data backups, and more.
Visit Website: https://www.siteground.com/
#6. HostPapa: Affordable Hosting Brand (₹199/mo.)
- Free Domain
- 24×7 Online & Offline Support
- Impressive Time To First Byte (TTFB)
- Single Click WordPress Installation
- No-Risk: 30-Day Guarantee
- FREE And Painless Website Migration
- Easy To Use Website Builder
- No Windows Hosting
- Absence of Dedicated Servers
About HostPapa: Based in Toronto, Canada, HostPapa is an independent web host offering a variety of web hosting services. With the primary focus on small business, the web hosting brands offer services ranging from VPS servers to shared hosting. Founded in 2006, HostPapa has been the number one choice for emerging entrepreneurs due to its pocket-friendly plans.
Pricing: If you can commit for three years, the shared hosting plan will cost you ₹199 per month. The Pro plan comes at ₹699 per month in case you don’t get a special discounted price. The pricing tiers for the VPS hosting ranges from ₹2,699 to ₹18,499 a month.
Uptime: HostPapa offers a 99.9% uptime with above-average performance that makes it best & reliable web host in India.
Features: Hostpapa’s hosting is full of features that include Unmetered bandwidth, Unlimited storage (SSD), Free migration of website, Free of cost domain name and setup, Softaculous with 400+ Free Apps, SSL certificate at no extra cost, One-click installation of scripts and a lot of things. And this is why, we put at second place to Hostpapa in the list of top 10 hosting providers in India.
Visit Website: https://www.hostpapa.com/
#7. iPage: Cheap Web Hosting ($1.99/mo.)
- Strong Uptime of 99.96%
- Website Builder
- Good Customer Support
- Free Domain
- Free SSL
- Cheap, Inexpensive Hosting
- Third-Party Application Support
- No Windows Hosting Available
- Expensive Domain Names
- No cPanel
About iPage: Founded in 1998, iPage is another one of the best web hosting companies in India tailored for every online business requirement. It has two data centers to host over a million websites across the globe. The reason behind the iPage being on the list of top 10 web hosting India is because of it’s impeccable shared hosting plan. Due to its ability to host various sites at a relatively lower price, the platform has some of the best hosting company reviews.
iPage Pricing: When it comes to pricing, iPage made a clear scale as it keeps only one shared hosting plan at a cost of $1.99/month. This among the cheapest hosting plan we have ever come across. And the features it covers are just enough for a good kick off with your desired blog. None held back to try something better with bigger price or no tricky upgrades.
The lowest costing though is available only if you sign up for 3 years at once. With that being said, the longer period you sign up for the cheaper cost you can avail. If you go for a shorter period the price will go up. Needless to mention that the renewal price will definitely rise based on your subscription period.
Uptime: A strong uptime is one of the reasons we would make this best domain hosting review to the positive side. None of the other features would matter much unless iPage manage to keep the uptime strong. The 99.96% uptime though impressed us which is constantly at peak for the last 24 months. That’s a good sign for a web hosting service provider.
iPage Features: As mentioned earlier, the only shared hosting plan of iPage comes with a pretty decent pack of features. This includes free domain registration, free website builder, free SSL certificate, free email addresses, free domain transfer, thousands of free templates, and more.
Visit Website: https://www.ipage.com/
#8. InMotion: Best Web Host ($3.99/mo.)
- 400+ Integrations
- Free SSL & Domain
- SSD Drives On All Plans
- 90 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Unlimited Bandwidth, Email
- DDOS Protection
- Free private SSL certificate
- Free Website Builder
- Starting Fees Not That Low
- No CDN Is Included
- Delayed Verification Process
About InMotion Hosting: InMotion is one of the most popular names in the web hosting arena. The company was founded in 2001. Over time they have grown to create a huge customer base which is home of about 300,000 domain names maintained by two data centers. Big times we have experienced that many hosting giants turn out to be the worst offenders. Well, through this brutally honest hosting company reviews, you will find out whether InMotion Hosting is worth a try or not.
InMotion Pricing: Much like many other big players, InMotion Hosting tries to hook you up with their cheap-looking pricing. But, are they as cheap as they look? Considering the shared hosting packages, the introductory plan called Launch is available at only $3.99/month. The other two available plans are also quite cheap to look at.
This is just a common pricing trick that is designed to lure customers. Unless you sign up for a minimum of 24 months, you are not supposed to get this cheap cost. If you prefer a shorter subscription period let’s say 12 months, the cost tends to rise.
Uptime: Uptime is one of the most important aspects of web hosting. A bad uptime can ruin an entire business. Keeping that in mind looks like InMotion Hosting played it well. With a perfect 99.95% uptime that consistently touched the scale for the past 24 months, you can certainly rely on them.
InMotion Features: The tricky pricing aside, InMotion Hosting is really a gem for beginners as well as established business websites. Their plan comes with free domain registration, 40 GB storage space, unlimited bandwidth, free SSL certificate, and more to accommodate at least 2 websites in a single hosting account.
Visit Website: https://www.inmotionhosting.com/
#9. GreenGeeks: Eco Web Host ($2.95/mo.)
- Average Uptime – 99.98%
- Unlimited SSD Space & Bandwidth
- Good Support
- Free Site Builder
- 30 Day Money-Back Guarantee
- Free SSL & Cloudflare CDN
- High Renewals Price
- Phone Support Isn’t 24/7
- No Asian DataCentre
About GreeGeeks: Founded in 2008, GreenGeek is at this web hosting business for so long but did a remarkably till date. With their two efficient data centers, GreenGeek now proving their service to customers from over 150 countries. Known for its eco-friendly hosting approach, shared hosting is GreekGeek’s primary and hosting plan.
Pricing: Claiming to be one of the best hosting provider in India, GreenGeeks let you start with just $2.95 a month. They claim for no hidden fees, but that’s not entirely true. The lowest price rate is tied up with 3 years of sign up only. If you choose to register only for a month, you may have to pay $9.95 for a month.
Uptime: Reliable uptime is GreenGeeks’ one of the bold claims with guaranteed 99.90% as a minimum. Well, to find out the truth we tested their machine for quite a long time now and experience pretty good results with almost perfect 99.98% uptime over the past 24 months.
Features: GreenGeeks features services like single-click app installation, unlimited bandwidth, unlimited storage, free domain name registration for 1st year of subscription, free SSL certification, industry-standard performance with reliable uptime, and PowerCacher tool is included.
Visit Website: https://www.greengeeks.com/
#10. GoDaddy: For Small Businesses (₹99.00/mo.)
- Unmetered Bandwidth
- Good Uptime – 99.97%
- Great Page Speed – 554ms
- Free Additional Services
- Good Live Chat Support
- Easy To Use
- Support Is Slow
- No Automatic Backups
- No Migration Service
- Limited Lowest Plan
- Upsells & High Renewal Fees
- Confusing Money-Back Guarantee
- No SSL
About GoDaddy: When it comes to enlisting the best web hosting in India, GoDaddy surely comes around. The hosting hub is also quite popular as a domain name registrar across the globe. The base plan comes for pretty low cost but not the cheapest we have countered. Let’s dig out the possibilities with GoDaddy hosting services.
Pricing: For kicking off with a stable website, GoDaddy gives you the Economy plan under a shared hosting environment. This plan will cost you ₹149 per month when signed up for a minimum of 12 months. There are two more shared hosting plans Deluxe for ₹419/month and Ultimate for ₹59/month respectively.
But, these base plans lacks important features like SSL certification, backups, site transfer, security, etc. The additional features will cost you pretty huge and the renewal price plays the same old trick.
Uptime: A solid uptime is what makes a hosting good or bad. In that context, GoDaddy did a good job keeping above industry-standard 99.97% uptime over a long period. Followed by a good page loading speed, GoDaddy’s performance is remarkably great.
GoDaddy Features: GoDaddy has quite a drawback in terms of value for money. However, if you sign up for their hosting service, you will be provided the most basic features like unmetered bandwidth, 1 free domain, 100 GN of storage, and free email account. The free email account and domain registration however are available only when you sign up for at least 12 months in the first year of subscription.
Visit Website: https://godaddy.com/
#11. CloudWays: Best For eCommerce ($10/mo.)
- Free 3-Day Free Trial Period
- Insanely Fast Servers
- Easy To Use Control Panel
- 24/7 Support & Live Chat
- Free SSL Certificates
- One Click Staging For WordPress
- Free WordPress Caching Plugin
- Very Easy To Set Up
- Doesn’t Include Email Hosting
- Lacks File Manager
- Support Can Be Technical
- No Domain Registration Option
- Limited Server Access
About CloudWays: CloudWays is an entrepreneurship-focused managed cloud-based hosting company. As we put in under the best domain hosting companies, some key reasons have to come forward for which CloudWays has made its way to the top. First of all, you are bound to pay only for the things you need.
There’s no lengthy period for subscription forced upon you. On top of that, you can try out their services for free you decide to pay. Beginners may choose from 5 various platforms that include Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud.
Pricing: You are asked to pay as you go with various plans designed to meet your certain demand. There’s no hidden fee trick, nor any long period contracts to put to claim the lowest cost. CloudWays let you sign up to pay monthly, hourly, or yearly as you choose. Their plans though differ according to your chosen server.
You can pick your desired server from Digital Ocean, Linode, Vultr, Amazon Web Service, and Google Cloud. The lowest plan is available under Digital Ocean’s server costing you $10 per month; while the highest plan comes under Google Cloud at $33.30 a month.
Uptime: You must consider uptime before everything else as the most crucial factor of hosting. You are hosting your website so that people can see and access it in the first place. Keeping this important factor in mind, CloudWays made sure that its hosting maintains a high uptime of 99.99% in the long run.
As their customer support team claim to provide a perfect 100% uptime followed by our queries, we have tested them just to find out that they are actually bold and right at the same time.
CloudWays Features: CloudWays features lets you utilize 1 GB of RAM, 25 GB storage space, 1 TB of bandwidth, and a 1Core Processor that comes with the lowest plan costing $10 per month. This most basic plan also covers site cloning, website builder, and proactive monitoring that comes under the Digital Ocean’s server.
Visit Website: https://www.cloudways.com/
#12. DreamHost ($2.59/mo.)
- 97-Day Money-Back Guarantee
- No Upsells And Upgrades
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Fast Load Time – 648ms
- Knowledgeable, Friendly Support
- Above Average Uptime – 99.94%
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Only Us-Location
- No Email Account In Starter Plan
- No Advanced Backup Solutions
- No cPanel
- Paid Migrations
About DreamHost: One of the oldest hosting companies serving till date, DreamHost is now home of over 1.5 million websites. Their name would easily come up among the web hosting India lists today. Apart from affordable shared hosting services, they are also providing VPS hosting, managed WordPress hosting, dedicated server, cloud hosting, etc.
Pricing: There are two types of shared hosting plans you can sign up for. The most affordable shared hosting plan from DreamHost is available at $2.59 per month. Another plan can be acquired just at $5.95 a month. If your website needs something better than a shared hosting environment, you may opt for the rest of the plans with a bigger amount.
Uptime: DreamHost has managed to maintain its uptime with 99.94% which is above average. The best part is their uptime guarantee that claims to give away free credit for the service cost if the average uptime falls under the threshold. With that being said, the uptime guarantee doesn’t cover scheduled maintenance and user errors.
DreamHost Features: With all the pros and cons taken into account, if you choose to host your website on DreamHost, you can expect quite an impressive collection of features with the starter plan. That includes a free domain name for the first year of subscription, free SSL certificate, unlimited storage and bandwidth, pre-installed WordPress, WordPress website builder, Automated WordPress migration, and more.
Visit Website: https://www.dreamhost.com/
#13. FastComet ($1/mo.)
- Free SSL & Domain Transfer
- 45-Day Money Back Guarantee
- Solid Server Uptime Results
- Free Site Migration For First Time
- No Higher Renewal Rates
- 45-Days Money-Back Guarantee
- Free Daily Backups
- Free Cloudflare CDN
- 100% Price Hike On Renewal
- Broke Its Price Lock Guarantee
- Misleading Marketing
- CDN Doesn’t Work Very Well
- Concerning Speed – 807ms
About FastComet: FastComet is among the rare hosting companies that came later but made a huge impact on the market in a short period of time. Established in 2013, by the end of 2019 they have impressively managed to build a huge 50,000 active clients across the globe, over 20,000 cloud nodes, and a big official team. Well, as long as their service quality is concerned, we are giving an honest hosting company review for FastComet.
Pricing: FastComet has made three different plans under a shared hosting environment. Currently, starting from FastCloud at $1 per month, FastCloud Plus at $4.45/month, and FastCloud Extra at $5.95/month.
Uptime: Well, FastComet seemed to get over the top of many well-known hosting giants in the field and their first attempt is to secure the uptime way above the industry standard. From the past 12 months of monitoring, we have found an excellent 99.97% average uptime consistently.
Features: Despite being a new player in the hosting arena, FastComet giving a tough competition to some well-established web host India. Their basic plans are the pretty high but packed with some awesome features to start a professional-looking website. The starter plan gives you 15 GB storage, free domain transfer, custom optimized server setup, guaranteed resources, a 2Cores CPU, 2 GB of RAM, free DNS management, and more.
Visit Website: https://www.fastcomet.com/
Types of Web Hosting and Their Stats
There are many types of web hosting options available to enthusiastic entrepreneurs like you out there. But very few budding success story creators know the details about different types of web hosting.
Hosting is the source of energy that runs the machine called the internet and the contents float inside. While you are website is the market place of your online business, hosting has all the essential material that builds your market from bottom to top. Without a solid hosting foundation, your web market tends to collapse. In a nutshell, web hosting is the key foundation of your online presence.
Now, according to the size and nature of your website you need to assign a suitable kind of web hosting. There are various types of web hosting environments design to meet your certain requirement at a suitable cost. Their market value differs or does their usage across the world.
Here are the seven main types of web hosting. Let’s dive into the details.
#1 Shared Hosting and it’s Stats:
Among the top 1 million websites that run on a shared hosting environment, 82% of them are hosted in GoDaddy, 14% sites are hosted in DreamHost, and rest are in A Small Orange and JustHost respectively. The total market share for worldwide shared hosting services was predicted to reach 18.7 billion by 2018. As we are writing this, the market size reached 22 billion in 2020.
When multiple websites are hosted on one server, it’s called shared hosting. This means that you will have your website with some other sites together on a single server. Your service provider is also going to be the same as that of these sites.
Since you have an arrangement based on resource sharing with other websites, this type of hosting can turn out to be economical for you. Some of the resources you will be sharing include bandwidth, email accounts, database, FTP accounts, and server space.
Here are some key features of shared hosting plans. Let’s take a look.
- Storage and Bandwidth – Storage and bandwidth can vary from one service provider to another. Of course, video and other multimedia sharing sites will require higher storage and bandwidth.
- Backup – Another important feature of shared hosting include backup. Before opting for a shared hostig plan, it’s important to know how the host backs up your data.
- Uptime – Most of the best hosting providers offer a high uptime, at least more than 98%. Shared hosting systems that have high uptimes are more reliable than others.
- Highly affordable, thanks to shared resources
- User-friendly cPanel
- Prior knowledge about Linux or windows not required
- Support for PHP and MySQL
- No need to fret over tech issues
- Limited security because of a shared server
- Compromised loading speed due to multiple websites running on the same server
- Some chances of hacking persist
- Overloading of servers can lead to site freezing
#2 Cloud Hosting and it’s Stats:
The cloud computing and hosting market is also witnessed a growing global trend in the past years. By the end of 2018, the market was predicted to hit $117.96 billion. As of 2020 so far, the market size is about $156.4 billion worldwide. While Google Cloud Platform achieved new clients by 43.92% from the rest of the platforms, top sharer is BlueHost with 20.63%, AWS with 19.84%, and HostGator with 17.46% new clients so far.
Cloud hosting is the type of hosting that uses resources from different servers. Since there are different factors to accommodate, using multiple servers can help increase uptime. Not to mention, balancing the load has a positive impact on site speed. This hosting type includes a virtual server that runs in a cloud computing environment. One can easily access it remotely.
If your site has a high amount of traffic, then look no further than cloud hosting. Web hosting is a highly technical aspect and an important one. But if you have a lot on your mind, thanks to your successful website, it’s better to leave it to cloud hosting.
Even if your site is new and you plan on making something big out of it, cloud hosting is a viable option. Plus, new sites can avail the scalability and flexibility of cloud hosting. For instance, opt for the basic plan in the beginning and scale up according to your future requirements!
- Uptime and Availability – Cloud hosting comprises various servers that are interconnected. That’s why the average uptime can be as high as 99.9%. If the server encounters issues, it automatically compensates, thanks to the inter-connectivity. However, you need to have a good internet connection.
- Deployment – You can migrate sites seamlessly and quickly using cloud hosting. Usually, they have single-click installation setups that lead to fast deployment.
- Backup and Recovery – The data backups are automatic in cloud hosting. Backups occur at the same time as the data uploads. Thus, data recovery is also quick and hassle-free. In most cases, all you need is a single-click to recover all the lost data, if that’s the case.
- High scalability and flexibility
- Access to highly sophisticated technologies at competitive prices
- Better collaboration due to remote access
- Better performance, uptime, and higher availability due to the use of multiple servers
- Highly dependent on your internet connection
- Compromised security due to sharing of resources
- Unfamiliarity with the functions, interface, and technologies for newbies
#3 Dedicated Hosting and it’s Stats:
The dedicated web hosting market size as of 2020 is grown to $6.53 billion which was just $3.26 billion back in 2010. It was predicted to reach $5.72 billion in 2018 and as expected presently growing with the trend.
When your site is the only website that has full access to the server’s resources, it’s called dedicated hosting. When it comes to prolific hosting, a dedicated hosting plan is the best way to go. The security features are top-notch. As it is, the website is more secure than it is in other forms of hosting since there is no resource sharing involved.
The hosted website can efficiently take full advantage of resources such as disk space, processor, bandwidth, RAM, and so on without any sharing. There are usually two types of dedicated hosting services the companies offer. They are managed and unmanaged hosting.
In managed hosting, the service provider caters to server configuration, server updating, server maintenance, server monitoring, virus scanning, configuring firewall setting, and other similar operations. On the other hand, unmanaged hosting is suitable if you’re a tech geek. The service provider will hand you over all the server operations.
- Powerful – In dedicated hosting, a server can handle a large number of visitors on a daily basis. Even if there is a lot of traffic, you won’t notice any compromises in the performance of the site.
- Ease of Customization – You can easily offer the features you like on the site in a highly customized way. Plus, extending your resources is a breeze and you can do it any time you like.
- Greater Flexibility – In simple terms, you can install the features of your choice. Plus, the user can easily configure their site according to their preferences.
- Money’s Worth – Since you don’t have to pay for what you are not using, a dedicated hosting plan offers the full worth of your money.
- Higher security level, thanks to no shared resources
- Seamless integration of third-party apps
- Unrestricted and efficient performance
- Need for installing and configuring firewalls, SSL certificates, virus scanners, and so on
- Expensive as compared to other hosting plans
- Reliability dependent on hardware to a great extent
#4 WordPress Hosting and it’s Stats:
As of 2019 market share, the most versatile content management system WordPress has hosted 78.54%, followed by Wix with 11.3% and Sitefinity with 3.78%. Joomla whereas secured 3.33%, and Squarespace has 3.04% of the global market. In US alone, WordPress is hosting 84% of sites globally, while the rest of the world is using just 16%.
In the easiest sense, WordPress Hosting is the host that is optimized for running WordPress. There are additional features offered that can vary following the kind of web hosting in India you go for. But, in general terms, it is well equipped with vital features like one-click install. This helps you to quickly install WordPress for your site.
For the most part, it offers you support staff that is well versed with technical issues related to WordPress and better when compared to the standard host staff. Although technically you don’t need any host for running WordPress several advantages are hard to avoid. It can help you to get the maximum from the website and offers you the best level of performance all across.
- Enhanced Security – For both visitors and you, website security is a crucial aspect. Hackers are always in search of some valuable data that they can exploit. Therefore WordPress Hosting is important for you as the website security will be handled in the best manner possible. There are regular scans that will keep you protected from malicious software, spam, and malware. You will also be offered efficient recovery solutions in case you are the victim of cyberattacks.
- Website Speed is Increased – For the online population, speed is a huge factor. It’s important for the customers to be able to navigate through the website without any kind of delays. So WordPress hosting provides you the enhanced and improved your speed for the website. Not only this but your website’s speed on mobile phone matters too much now in sight of Google.
- Automatic backups
- You have a dedicated technical support team
- Security of a high level
- Improved uptime
- Requires significant investment
- There is low flexibility offered when it comes to plug-ins
- There is lesser control over the technical aspects
#5 Reseller Hosting and it’s Stats:
Looking at the current scenario reseller hosting also have expanded its global market at a rapid pace. A market study shows that over 16% growth has occurred in the reseller hosting business last in the past years. This graph points towards a huge $154 billion annual revenue from the industry.
In simple terms, Reseller Hosting is the selling of the hosting services again. Here a company or an individual rents or buys disk space and the bandwidth from the web hosting service provider and then sells it to third parties. Reseller Web hosting works well mainly for web designers and developers that are already having a customer base and looking forward to offering web hosting services. This also works well for people that want to have their own business of best web hosting in India.
- Complete technical support – You won’t have to think about the responsibilities that are related to the technical aspect of running the business of Web hosting India. So all of the work-related to connectivity, maintenance, updates, and security will be handled by the web hosting service itself. You only need to focus on the core business aspects.
- Affordability – Reseller web hosting plans are cost-effective. Therefore this is a good choice for people that are looking for a business opportunity like this. There is no stress on investing a huge amount on buying technology, infrastructure, and the equipment for initiating a business-related to web hosting services.
- It allows you to build your own identity and brand.
- You can create individual web service plans.
- Higher revenues on low investment.
- Better freedom and flexibility when compared to shared hosting.
- You just have to focus on customer support and technical work is handled by the host.
- The business gets negatively affected if you go ahead with the Reseller Hosting plan without proper research.
- You will have to face issues if you would want to change the web hosting provider.
- Reseller Hosting can be tiring and distracting at times. One has to deal with client requirements well.
#6 VPS servers and it’s Stats:
VPS server hosting is another rapidly expanding business we have witnessed at present. The worldwide market was $2.9 billion in the year 2018. The VPS server market is expected to reach $8.4 billion globally by 2025 at an impressive 16.6% compound annual growth rate.
Overall, the world wide web hosting industry is predicted to reach over $216 billion in total at 13.25% CAGR by the year 2025.
VPS stands for Virtual Private Server. VPS has been hailed as the best web hosting in India. The features of VPS are somewhere in between dedicated hosting and shared web hosting. VPS comes with its own set of parameters for used bandwidth, space. Memory and power of processing.
- Uptime and Availability – The availability of VPS hosting is easy to procure and manage. It is for people who cannot afford a dedicated server, yet want to host their resources on one.
- Deployment – Deployment in VPS can be of two types. Manages and unmanaged. Managed VPS is costlier since the company handles everything from start to end. Unmanaged VPS is something that you have to build from scratch.
- Backup and Recovery – Though it is a shared free web hosting in India, the backup and recovery options are relatively uncomplicated and straightforward. It may be unnerving that you don’t have full control over the servers, but it doesn’t mean your resources are not adequately back up.
- In terms of cost, a VPS hosting will cost you much less than a regular dedicated one.
- VPS hosting has a customizable feature that helps you choose and pay for only the services that you require and not all of them.
- The technical support that it needs is the same as most shared hosting merchants for all their issues.
- VPS users do not have full control over their servers. This is a significant disadvantage compared to dedicated hosting, where users have complete control over their hosting environment.
- VPS hosting requires expert resources to manage. It requires comparatively more technical accuracy than on a dedicated hosting site.
- With dedicated hosting, all your resources have enough space and are adequately hosted. With VPS, you may have an issue of allocation because the web hosting may have sold its space to other users.
#7 Collocated Hosting:
Collocation hosting has emerged as a favorite of many businesses over the years as per hosting companies’ reviews. Why? Its unique model and design help companies set up their servers without relying on rented equipment or services. They have various augmented features that allow a business to manage a server of their own remotely.
- Uptime and Availability – The service providers in India who provide this facility are far from few. Most have world-class data centers to ensure you have the best service in India.
- Deployment – Deployment is easy when it comes to collocation hosting, but it comes with a cost. The cost of initial implementation is even higher than a regular cloud hosting service. Though deploying online resources may be more comfortable, but hardware updates take time and toil.
- Backup and Recovery – A collocation hosting service has excellent tools and security measures against disasters. The facility is well equipped to deal with natural accidents, thefts, or server crashes. Backup and recovery are not a problem as they are protected and can be easily retrieved.
- The amount of bandwidth that is available to you for usage is much higher than the money you are paying for it. This makes it economical and values for money option.
- Collocation hosting is extremely secure and flexible. It is also very efficient when compared to hosting your server.
- You can use your host for more services than you signed up for. This feature comes in handy when you don’t have enough staff in your team; you have significant upgrades going on or other activities.
- In collocation hosting, your initial set up cost when you are starting will be higher. It becomes a disadvantage when compared to servers that are rented.
- You don’t have to worry only about online resources but also the hardware cost that goes into setting up. Equipment and related updates will have to be managed on your own. Maintenance has its restrictions when it comes to time or the resources in collocated hosting.
Most Frequently Asked Questions
Web hosting is a service that provides all sorts of technology and support to make a website live on the internet. Without a web hosting service, no website may come to existence even if a domain name is registered. All the essential aspects of a website is stored and managed by hosting service.
An individual or organization can utilise a hosting service to make their website available on internet thus visitors can view the web contents. There various type of web hosting in India available out there. Some are specially tailored to meet a certain type of website requirements.
Apart from that, most of the web hosting company in India are marketed to feed the needs for websites of various sizes and shapes.
Shared hosting is a type of India web hosting service that allows multiple websites to host on a single server with shared environment. It is mainly focused on inexpensive hosting service. In this type of hosting, every individual is supposed to share the hosting resources and benefits with others.
Shared hosting is ideal to start a new website or run a small business that receives comparatively less traffic volume. The service possesses some limitations on accessing features and resources, thus not recommended for a website with high traffic.
A shared hosting is the most affordable hosting service available out there, whereas business hosting forms a cPanel hosting that comes with Virtual Private Server benefits along with shared hosting advantages.
While shared hosting allows website owners to host their website on a shared environment, a business hosting comes with a dedicated IP address, E-commerce platform, high traffic management, etc.
While a VPS best hosting services India might need some knowledge of server administration, India hosting company does not need any such.
In shared hosting environment your website is bound to share the same server and its resources with multiple other websites. In VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting your website will be solely utilizing the server resources for better performance.
A bandwidth is termed in several ways according to the concerned context. From a website hosting India perspective, at a certain time, the amount of incoming and outgoing web data transferable between a server, website, and the internet is called bandwidth. Incoming data includes emails, webpage requests, FTP requests, FTP downloads, etc. On the other hand, outgoing data are loaded web pages, transferred files, and emails.
Bandwidth is generally measured in bits/secs. For example, if a Bandwidth is capable of transferring 60 MB data in a second, it’s measured as 60 Mbps bandwidth.
The Required bandwidth for a certain website depends on the size of web content as well as amount of traffic activity on that site at the same time. To get a slight glance in this context, for a small business site or a personal blog with less traffic volume, minimum 3 GB bandwidth is preferable. For high traffic websites, 200 GB of Bandwidth is recommended widely.
The total amount of web data that can be stored for a particular website on its hosting server is called disk space. Needless to mention, the required amount of disk space completely depends on the overall size of the website. Image, Video, and Flash contents are larger in size and website containing more of these kinds of data need more of disk space.
While most of the web hosting provider India offers lucrative unlimited disk space, this is not an actual term though. For a startup website, 10 GB of disk space is enough. A website size tends to increase over the time with new content uploaded. Required disk space also increases accordingly. For an image-heavy site, 250 – 350 GB disk space may hold contents significantly.
Monitoring the growth or decline of an online business is vital in order to compete and succeed. Knowing how many people have visited your website gives a clear idea of your growth/decline state. The number of traffic on your website can be monitored easily. Here is how to do it.
- First of all, et up web analytics on your site. Google Analytics is the most used tracking program today.
- Visit Google Analytics page at google.com/analytics.
- Click to sign in located at top right corner of the page.
- From the Home Tab, select your website whose traffic you wish to check.
- You will land on Audience Overview Page of your site. Here you can click on Real-Time option that will show your current traffic activities.
Many web hosting providers India offers dedicated email account with a certain web hosting plan. The provided email accounts can be limited or unlimited according to the selected hosting plan. These email accounts are can be managed and tailored according to business needs from your hosting control panel.
A dedicated email account is truly beneficial in branding your business, growth, and lead more customers. Professional email accounts differ from personal ones. And, when you are dealing with a business, professional email accounts sound more trustworthy and attractive.
If you already have a hosting account, you might also have provided some dedicated email accounts by your web hosting companies in India. If you haven’t received any, add-on some email account from your best hosting provider India.
Now, decide an email account name that should represent your business. For example email@example.com. Now follow the below steps.
- Go to your cPanel account.
- Go to Mail section and click on Email Accounts.
- Enter your desired email name and a password as you like.
- Hit “Create Account” option.
SSL stands for Secure Socket Layer. The SSL is an online security technology design to build an encrypted connection between a browser and web server. This security layer is used to make sensitive data unreadable while being transferred over the internet. Login credentials, financial data, etc are kept encrypted over the server so that these can be read-only from the provider and receiver’s end. Besides all the sensitive data are kept secure, your website contents are also protected from hackers and online unwanted intruders.
Technology is evolving over the time, for good. Unfortunately, issues of online hacking are also increasing rapidly. Hacking attempts are done for many purposes as such turn your site down, vandalise your site, steal important data, mining Bitcoins using your server, to distribute illegal files through your server, to distribute webmail spam, and more. Thus, keeping your website safe and protected from hacking activity is vital today.
To endure your website is protected from hackers or malware, check the below points.
- Keep all the software you use for running a site regularly up to date.
- Switch to Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure for your site. Using TLS or SSL on your website will do the best.
- Use a strong password for your all sort of online login credentials and try changing it frequently.
- Build a security guard around your website. Buy a cloud based web firewall application for your website to keep the hackers away.
Your website contents should be backed up, for many reasons. In case your site hacked and contents are infected, you can turn back the time to restore the old backups as anew. Maybe you are trying to migrate your site to another best web hosting service, during this process you may lose one or other important contents. There are times you will need to modify your website for a betterment, during this process some vital contents also tends to be reforming which is not turned out to be good all the time.
Therefore, keeping a backup of all your contents are vital. You never know when you might need to restore the contents. After all, it’s peace of mind when you have kept your precious contents safe and sound. So, how do you backup your site?
Your India hosting provider may offer you free backup feature. If there are any limitations, make sure to upgrade for unlimited backup service. You can use a WordPress Plugin like Updraft Plus for backing up your WordPress site. Backup Buddy another reliable plugin you can utilize. Backing up website manually to cloud storage is also a great option. You may use an FTP client like FileZilla for this process.
Web hosting can be classified in following types as – shared hosting, VPS hosting, dedicated server hosting, cloud hosting, managed hosting, and colocation.
A CDN stands for Content Delivery Network, is a bunch of servers distributed geographically. These servers work together to initiate fast delivery of web contents based on the user location.
The basic function of a web server is to store web pages, process on request, and deliver to the users via HTTP and other similar protocols.
If you are a beginner with less technical knowledge of web hosting and limited investment, shared hosting will do the job. If you are looking for a better flexibility with an affordable cost, VPS hosting would the best option. Websites with a greater daily traffic and huge data transfer may need features of a Dedicated hosting service.
January 17, 2021
January 11, 2021
January 10, 2021